If you register for an account with us, you give us your personal information, and you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in the United States.
When you register with us and use that Application, you generally provide (a) your name, email address, age, username, password and other registration information; (b) transaction-related information, such as when you donate, respond to any offers or download or use applications from us; (c) information you provide us when you contact us for help; (d) credit card information for donations and use of the Application, and (e) information you enter into our system when using the Application, such as contact information.
We may also use the information you provided us to contact you from time to time to provide you with important information, required notices, and updates.
In addition, the Application may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, and information about the way you use the Application.
We may disclose User Provided and Automatically Collected Information:
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- with our trusted services providers who work on our behalf, do not have an independent use of the information we disclose to them and we have agreed to adhere to the rules set forth in this privacy statement;
- if BFP is involved in a merger, acquisition or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of this information, as well as any choices you may have regarding this information.
The types of data that are collected are:
- User’s email address
- User-selected password
- Account numbers created by the system
- User’s interaction with the app
- User’s email to support staff
- User’s other messages to support staff
The Application collects no financial data whatsoever and no personally identifiable information (PII) beyond the email address necessary to create an account. The Application does collect some usage information, specifically identifying the features of the app used by the customer.
The usage data is collected for the purpose of personalizing the user experience. The personal email address is used to enable the organization to respond to communications from interested users.
Neither personal nor usage data is shared with any entity
To request user’s information be removed, submit the data removal request form requesting that the account be deleted.
The only PII collected in the database is the user’s email address. The effect of the account removal request is the permanent removal of the email address from the system. The change is not logged in a way that is reversible.
The user’s email address and associated email correspondence may remain in the email system, but the email address will no longer be associated with an account or any system usage activity.
You can stop all collection of information by the Application easily by uninstalling the Application. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network. You can also request opt-out via email, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you reside outside the United States, your information will be transferred, processed and/or stored there under United States privacy standards.